Wheels and Axles
Gemco Rail is able to provide a complete range of services for freight, locomotive, and passenger wheels and axles.
Whether you are refurbishing, manufacturing, or maintaining rollingstock, our experienced and qualified staff and state-of-the-art workshop facilities, can produce wheelset, bogies and bearing to OEM specifications.
- Reprofiling / reconditioning
- Complete overhaul
- Bull gear reclaiming
- Bearing replacement / servicing
- Manufacture down size axles
- Passenger brake disc reconditioning
Gemco Rail can also manage wayside condition monitoring:
- Railway bearing acoustic monitoring
- Detect and rank axles bearing faults
- Provide condition monitoring reports
- Advanced warning of potential bearing failure
- Overall and monthly statistics
- Component fault identification ie cup, cone, roller
Gemco Rail can comprehensively offer a full range of service for freight, locomotive, and passenger bogies.
- OEM overhaul
- Gauge conversions
- Side bearer upgrades
- Brake cylinder/slack adjuster overhaul
- Spare parts
Gemco Rail’s industry leading bearing shop, utilizes equipment specifically manufactured and designed to cater for the overhaul of railway related bearings.
- State-of-the-art railway bearing inspection
- Temperature compensating bore gauges
- Pressurised workshop (dust-free)
- Auto bench lateral machine
- Authorised Timken repairer
- Authorised Brenco repairer
- All aspects of bearing maintenance
- Investigate reports for incident management
- Refurbishment of package unit bearings for C Class through to locomotive GG
- All sizes of spherical bearings and re-qualification
All bearings are overhauled by specialty trained bearing inspectors to stringent customer and AAR specifications.