Gemco Rail is committed to providing its employees, subcontractors and everyone who visits our facilities a safe and healthy environment.
Gemco Rail is determined to achieve this by the setting of and the following of objectives listed below:
- Providing appropriate resources to manage the Company’s Health and Safety Management System. The CEO is ultimately responsible for Health and Safety.
- Determine measurable objectives and targets to assist in improving Health and Safety.
- A committee comprising of, Workshop Managers (or their delegates) and shop floor Health and Safety Representatives shall meet monthly, to discuss safety practices and the work environment.
- Results of Health and Safety committee meetings shall be tabled at monthly Management Meetings for discussion and resolution of matters as required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, statutory obligations and regulations.
- Ensure all employees and contractors endorse our policy.
- Establish and continually monitor work practices and training.
- Establish and develop Rail Safety specific procedures and ensure compliance with rail safety regulations.
- Eliminate or control hazards.
- Under take regular audits of safety practices.
- Investigate all incidents and take action to reduce the possibility of reoccurrence.
- Provide an effective system of rehabilitation for employees injured on the job.
- Provide a workable and effective workplace drug and alcohol policy.
- Commit to continual improvement of the OHS Management System.